Saturday, July 28, 2012

No Faith in Belief

I draw as strong a distinction between faith and belief as I do between religion and superstition.


Lord, keep us from The Believers.
The faithful give me hope.
Believers terrify me.
Believing is easy. Faith is not.
Belief requires convincing but faith does not. Faith, like love and prayer, is self evident and requires no proof.
Having Faith requires a change of heart.
Belief is a change of mind.
Believers are easily deceived. Those with a true faith are not.
I believe in the power of faith but I have no faith in belief.
People who have faith in the Holy Spirit are saving the world.
Believers are doing their best to destroy it hoping for a shortcut to the Kingdom of Heaven.
Believers fear the truly faithful because the truly faithful fear nothing but God.
Believers live in fragile bubbles threatened by anything contrary to what they believe.
The Faithful delight in the world's mysteries The Lord has created for them.
Baptism in the Holy Spirit does not make you a believer.
The heart and spirit cannot lie or sin. The mind can and does.
Actions follow faith. Abraham had such unqualified faith in God that he was willing to sacrifice his beloved son.
God hoped that by providing Moses with inflexible laws that people’s obedient behavior would maintain their faith. It did not happen. King after king reverted to sinful ways.
I can recite the Apostle’s Creed with sincerity because I have faith in its essential truth.
Prov. 14:15   A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment